Supernews Usenet Ixinews - Fournisseur d'accs newsgroups de qualit

s have made late charges and gotten in the playoffs and done

Contenu de la Version en cours de développement, évolutions prévues...

s have made late charges and gotten in the playoffs and done

Messagepar xusuwen96 » 24 Fév 2018, 07:32

MIAMI -- With a lot of muscle and a little body English, Garrett Jones finally beat the Chicago Cubs shift by clearing it. Jones hit a three-run homer in the seventh inning Tuesday night, and the Miami Marlins rallied to beat Chicago 6-5. Jones had been 0 for 9 in the series against the Cubs, who deployed three infielders to the right of second base against the left-handed hitter. "The shift has taken away some hits," Jones said. "It has frustrated me a little bit mentally, chasing some balls out of the strike zone trying to make something happen. That last at-bat, I just squared it up and wasnt worried about the shift, and was able to get it out." Jones one-out drive hit the top of the wall and bounced into the bullpen for his ninth home run, but his first since May 23. "I was getting up on my tiptoes, wishing it would go over, and it did," he said. Adeiny Hechavarria started the seventh with a bunt single for his fourth hit. Rafael Furcal had a two-out, two-run single in the fourth for his first RBIs since 2012. Hard-luck Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija allowed three runs, two earned, in six innings but again was denied a victory. The Cubs are 4-11 when he starts even though his ERA is 2.78. "Thats the way it goes," Samardzija said. "I go out and pitch and keep doing my job and making improvements. I battled, and I liked the way I finished. I made some good adjustments and finished strong." Luis Valbuenas RBI double in the seventh gave Chicago a 4-3 lead and left Samardzija in line for only his third win. But Miami rallied against Brian Schlitter (2-2). Cubs manager Rick Renteria left the right-hander in the game to face Jones, rather than going with lefty Wesley Wright. "I was 99 per cent convinced Wright was coming in," Jones said. Renteria said he opted for Schlitter against Jones rather than bringing in Wright to face pinch-hitter Jeff Baker. "It was pick my poison," Renteria said. "Schlitt just left the pitch up. Thats obviously not what he wanted to do." Junior Lake hit his ninth homer, and third in five games against the Marlins this year, but the Cubs went 0 for 8 with runners in scoring position. The Marlins were 2 for 13. Miami, which leads the majors in home victories, improved to 24-14 at Marlins Park. Marlins rookie Anthony DeSclafani, recalled from the minors Monday, gave up four runs in 6 1-3 innings. Sam Dyson (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 scoreless innings for his first career win, then was optioned after the game -- as expected -- to Triple-A New Orleans. "We gave him the scorecard," manager Mike Redmond said. "He was pretty fired up about that." Steve Cishek gave up a run in the ninth on Justin Ruggianos sacrifice fly before striking out Anthony Rizzo with the bases empty to earn his 16th save in 17 chances. Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton, who came into the game leading the NL in home runs and RBIs, went 0 for 4 and stranded five runners. Miami scored an unearned run in the first when the Cubs tried to turn a 3-6-1 double play, and shortstop Starlin Castros errant throw allowed Furcal to come home from third. Furcal returned last week after being sidelined since the end of the 2012 season because of injuries. In the second inning, Lake hit a two-run homer to put the Cubs ahead. Darwin Barney and Eli Whiteside pulled off a double steal -- the first stolen base for each -- and Samardzija followed with a sacrifice fly to make it 3-0. NOTES: Furcal returned to the lineup after sitting out a game to rest a swollen left knee. ... The ballparks retractable roof was closed when a thunderstorm with 50 mph winds passed by in the seventh inning. ... Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (concussion) caught eight innings in a minor league rehab game Monday and might rejoin the team this weekend. ... Castro hit his 20th double. ... RHP Bryan Morris has yet to allow a run in 9 1-3 innings since being traded to the Marlins. ... Miami RHP Chris Hatcher has recorded 12 of his past 13 outs by strikeout. ... Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (4-2, 3.71 ERA), who was on paternity leave for the birth of his first child, faces Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (2-1, 2.09) on Wednesday. Kris Bryant Jersey . He will be practicing with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) on a conditioning assignment. - @AnaheimDucks Corey Perry has a knee sprain and will miss the next three to four weeks. John Lackey Jersey . However, Jim Popp isnt sure how long hell be able to admire wide receiver Duron Carter. -- Brady Heslip scored a season-high 20 points to help Baylor beat No. Billy Williams Jersey . Watch the game live on TSN and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. Serge Ibaka returned to the Thunder lineup from a calf injury that was supposed to sideline him for the remainder of the postseason and the results were sparkling. Kyle Schwarber Jersey . – Team Canadas Brooke Henderson carded a 4-under 67 at Craigowan Golf and Country Club to jump into the lead at the Canadian Womens Amateur Championship on Wednesday.WASHINGTON -- Julien Brouillette wont be joining his five Washington Capitals teammates who are on their way to play Olympic hockey in Sochi. He did, however, help send them off on a winning note. Brouillette broke a scoreless tie with his first NHL goal midway through the third period, Braden Holtby stopped 25 shots and the Washington Capitals beat the New Jersey Devils 3-0 Saturday night in the teams final game before the Olympic break. "I couldnt think of anything. It was so confusing, but great at the same time," Brouillette said of the goal. "Its going to be hard to sleep tonight." After the Capitals controlled a faceoff in the New Jersey zone, Brouillette beat Cory Schneider on the short side with a wrist shot from the top of the left circle at the 10:50 mark. The goal follows an assist Brouillette earned in his NHL debut Thursday night. "Im sure hes flying pretty high right now," Capitals coach Adam Oates said. "Big goal. I havent seen the replay yet, but I know it was close to being tipped and the goalie getting frozen there a little bit there. But you know what, (Nicklas Backstrom) won a draw. Thats what its about." Martin Erat scored an empty-netter with 1:47 left for his first goal of the season to go along with 21 assists, and Troy Brouwer added another -- his 100th career goal -- 36 seconds later. Backstrom had two assists. After starting in place of an ill Michael Neuvirth and getting the win Thursday night, Holtby earned his third shutout of the season and 10th in his career in Saturday nights win. "He came in there (Thursday night) and played great and played very solid today," Oates said. Scoring chances were at a premium for both teams. "Obviously the Devils play that kind of game. They are will to play it every night, and its a frustrating team to play," Oates said. "They dont give you much. I looked up with nine minutes left in the third period, and I think it was 20 each in shots. Both teams played stingy." Schneider finished with 23 saves. "We didnt do enough offensively I thought to draw enough penalties to maybe create some power plays late," New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer said. "We had enough chaances to get two or three goals.dddddddddddd Weve got to finish something off." The win moves Washington to within one point of eighth place in the Eastern Conference with 63 points. The Capitals have won three of their last four and snapped a seven-game losing streak (0-6-1) against Metropolitan Division opponents. "Crucial," Capitals defenceman John Carlson said of the win. "This one a little bit more than the last one, but obviously for our team everythings crucial right now, and (well) carry a little bit of momentum into the break and we know we have our work cut out for us when we get back." New Jersey is in the thick of the hunt with 61 points, and both teams will have 23 games remaining after the break. "Teams have made late charges and gotten in the playoffs and done some damage in the playoffs. Of course we think there is still time," Schneider said, "but weve got to put words into action here and make it happen." The Devils, playing the second of back-to-back games, have lost 5 of 7. Carlson (United States), Alex Ovechkin (Russia), Backstrom and Marcus Johansson (Sweden) and Erat (Czech Republic) are the Capitals headed to Sochi. From New Jersey, Jaromir Jagr, Patrik Elias and Marek Zidlicky will be joining the Czech Republic team, and Damien Brunner will play for Switzerland. The Devils outshot the Capitals 11-6 in the first period as the teams failed to convert two power-play opportunities apiece. Early in the second, New Jerseys Adam Henrique took a centring pass and wristed a shot past Holtby, but it banged off the left post. "I thought we battled hard," Elias said. "We played most of the game the way we wanted to. They just got the one goal that we didnt." Later in the period Schneider stopped Karl Alzners wrister from close range and made two follow-up saves on Jay Beagle. NOTES: The Capitals finished 0 for 4 on the power play and the Devils were 0 for 3. ... New Jersey D Anton Volchenkov (lower body injury) missed his third straight game. ... Washington D Mike Green (concussion) missed his fifth game and C Mikhail Grabovski (left ankle injury) missed his eighth. ... New Jersey leads the season series 2-1. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Retourner vers Avancement/news des développements de NiouzeFire